Friday 3 July 2015

President Biya Responds to Question By French Journalist on whether Hewill Retire



"You've been I power since 1982...There will be another election in three years, what are your thoughts ,are you thinking of retirement"

This question was put to President Paul Biya by a French journalist, during the question and answer session of the press conference at the Unity Palace.

Here's what President Biya said:

"Ne dure pas au pouvoir qui veut, mais dure qui peut"

He continued (loosely translated by me) :
" I'm not staying in power as a dictator, I was democratically elected. I'm ending a mandate which was given me. I contested in an election against others...The presidential election of 2018 is still a while away. We will reflect on it, and you all will know whether I will take my retirement or not. "

Meanwhile, I saw a glimpse of Samuel Eto'o, at the state dinner in Honour of President Hollande.
So that's the dinner he was talking about in this post I posted  HERE earlier today.
Nice
#bigboytins

1 comment:

Unknown said...

N'importe quoi..if he likes he should stay there forever.