Saturday 7 February 2015

Finke - I Won't Quit

  

Indomitable Lions coach Volker Finke insists he will not quit his job, despite the team's early exit at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.
Finke's job has since come under pressure after failing to reach the knockout stages at an AFCON final for the first time since 1996, but this is no deterrent to the German manager, who has said he will not be stepping aside.
"I have a contract," he told Cameroon Tribune. "Throughout my career, I always went at the end of my contract. I am waiting.
"I'm someone who doesn't like resigning or wants to extend whatever the cost because I do not work for financial reasons."

The German tactician, whose contract will end in few months, intends to carry on with the team.
"I already left a note [to the federation] for them to negotiate two friendlies matches in March to carry on with the work," he added.
"This is a stable group with a good mentality.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think he need to quite,i think cameroonians needs to change their mentality at the way they look at things.A coin has two sides so too is everything in life.Life or activity shouldn't be looked at from one side.When Cameroonians start looking at things from two sides then tey will start understanding certain things.I like the coach spirit-the spirit of not being a quitter but a fighter

ajito said...

I am surprised...thought he would leave equitoral guinea straight to berlin

Loveline said...

Let him quit! He has no profile and experience.

Unknown said...

Why should he quit? Look at his professional resume and tell me where he can find a job after quitting. I am baffled he was hired by Cameroon. I don't want to think we had such a narrow pool of applicants.