Monday 23 February 2015

Unemployed Man Offered $250,000 By Parents To Leave Home And NeverReturn

My goodness, that's EXTREME. But I'm thinking, for the parents to have taken that decision, they must have been pushed to the wall.
All the same, isn't blood supposed to be thicker than water?

An unemployed young man posting on Reddit claims his parents have offered to give him a quarter of a million dollars - as long as he never contacts them again.
He says he has decided to take the money and asked other users for advice on how to invest it.
The anonymous man explained that he has always had a poor relationship with his parents:

"Growing up I was always somewhat the 'lost cause' since my brother was better than me at everything.
"It doesn’t mean I did bad[ly], I was just a little above average while he was always the best at everything: academia, sports, social life, you name it.
"I don’t know why but my parents seemed to always be ashamed of me. I didn’t get into trouble, I was a quiet kid, I did what I had to do and I tried not to get in anyone’s way.
'I couldn’t put up with the abuse any longer'
"The comparisons were always there though, I don’t even know why but that’s the way it is."

After his brother died in an accident, he claims things only got worse:

"If anything, the comparisons only increased.
"I never wanted to cause any trouble but I just couldn’t take it anymore and eventually I couldn’t put up with the abuse any longer. I didn’t do anything radical, I just started talking back and standing up for myself."

He says their relationship improved when he moved out to go university - but now he is unemployed and living back at home while he looks for work.

"I had to come back home to look for a job last year when I finished college because (ironically) I didn’t want to ask for any money.
"I’ve been looking for a job for months, without much luck. I’ve been to interviews, assessment centers and what not, but I haven’t managed to get a job yet.
"Last week my parents told me I have a month to move out and not contact them again."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm. Is there something he is not telling