Wednesday 26 November 2014

This Day In History: Nov 26 2011


         

November 25 2011, I left work at about 5pm, to go for a routine weekly antenatal check up at Dr. Ako's clinic.  He finally attended to me at about 7.30 pm, and what he told me, when he examined me, I wasn't prepared for. He said "Moity, I can feel your baby's head, you're already in labour."
I wasn't expecting it because I was 37 weeks pregnant and still had 3 weeks to go(or so I thought). 
My gyny asked me to go home and return first thing the next morning, that is if I didn't go into active labour that night. 
I hadn't even packed my maternity bag, because I was keeping that for when I would go on maternity leave at 38 weeks.
Got home, and my mind was all over the place. Packed my bag, and told my baby sitter that early in the morning I would leave for hospital and a cousin would come and stay with herself and my (at the time )3 year old daughter. My hubby lives abroad btw.
Got to the clinic early in the morning the next day November 26, hadn't gone into labour and the doc decided to speed up the process into active labour. Gave me some pill, and checked me into the clinic. Two hours later, nothing. No labour, nothing. At this stage, I'm bored stiff and so I decided to go to a nearby cyber cafe. Spent an hour there doing research on provoked labour and what it implies. Midday I got back to the clinic, still nothing. The gyny examines me one more time, and bam! that exam provoked a whole lot of pain(lol) and the pain seemed to be amplified(any of you been thru induced or provoked labour?then you probably know what I'm talking about). 
Anyway, at some point, the epidural guy was called in, because I had opted for an epidural. (Trust me pregnant moms, it's worth giving it a thought, but you must do your research, cos like every procedure, it must be properly done and by a professional anaesthetist.)

Four hours later, my handsome baby boy was there. He was just the best gift God could have given me at the time, and remains a wonderful gift from God.

Today November 26, 2014, he's 3 years old. I can't believe how fast time flies.
Happy birthday to you my sweetheart Trevor, my little man of God as I like to call him.
Mummy loves you so much!!

8 comments:

Achu D said...

I love your birth story Moity. Had me lol when you said you went to a cyber cafe in the middle of labour...u try oh, lol, what if the baby decided to come while you were browsing...hihihi
Happy birthday to your handsome son
He looks just like you

Anonymous said...

Wow Happy Birth Day to the little man of God. Kiss kiss Trevor

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Trevor boy

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to somebody's photocopy. He's cute oh, can he marry my little niece

Anonymous said...

He is your carbon copy. God bless you

Françoise said...

Coucou my boy. Happy birthday to you. I love your blog Moit.

Unknown said...

Moity are u sure you were browsing? U are too much. HBD Trev

Unknown said...

Wish I could post a slice of Trev's bday cake to all of you for your lovely comments. Prince Emm, I was oh, needed to distract myself as well from the task that lay ahead...lol