Saturday 20 December 2014

Morbidly Obese Woman Decides To Lose Weight After Breaking Church Bench


An obese mum-of-three has lost more than 60kg, after being embarrassed when her weight broke a church pew at her mother-in-law's funeral.
Tipping the scales at a whopping 171kg, Karen Dawson, 40, was morbidly obeseand had ballooned to a colossal size 38 when she attended the funeral.
Karen, a customer services advisor, was mortified when the wooden church pew split underneath her as she sat down for the service.
She said: "I sat down and my bulk split the entire wooden pew. I was mortified.
"I didn't break enough so that everyone fell off, but I was terrified that it would completely give way during the funeral.
"As we watched the coffin being lowered, I wanted the ground to swallow me up. As soon as the funeral ended I got out of there as quick as I could - I was really ashamed."
Mrs Dawson joined her local Slimming World group Llantwit Fardre in Church Village and, for the first time in her adult life, started paying close attention to what she ate.

Embarrassed, she vowed to change by swapping greasy takeaways for salads and lean meats.

Before her dramatic weight loss Mrs Dawson would eat nothing for breakfast, have an egg mayonnaise sandwich with crisps and sweets for lunch and an Indian takeaway for dinner consisting of a chicken korma, rice, chips and onion bhajis.
Throughout the day she would snack on sweets, chocolate, biscuits and crisps.

Today, she eats Slimming World scan bran for breakfast, homemade vegetable soup for lunch and a chilli con carne made with extra-lean mince served with potatoes cooked in low-fat frying oven.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

eeeww.how does someone function at 171kg?

Naina Sinha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

GOOD FOR HER! You keep on darlin' and don't let anyone or anything stand in your way!