Sunday 21 December 2014

What's The Strangest Food You've Ever Eaten

   
The contents of the above bowl are kinda tasty. It freaked me out the first time I saw it, but then I summoned courage and tasted it one day. I didn't fall in love with it immediately. I'll say, it's an acquired taste. (What do you call these 'insects' in the first place). 
 Anyway, why I put up this post is because I just remembered how when I was growing up, some little kids were having a discussion and I overheard them talking about the things they can eat fufu corn with. They mentioned fufu corn and oranges, fufu corn and pear(avocado), and weirdest of all..fufu corn and charcoal! 

That's like extreme...but tell me, what's the weirdest, most unusual food or mixture you've ever eaten.

6 comments:

AchuD said...

Some weird meal I ate once in Germany when i went to visit. It looked like Ndop rice, but it tasted nothing like rice. It was cooked in a tasteless pink sauce. Lawd av mercy

Anonymous said...

I've heard of some kids who once ate fried cockroaches

Anonymous said...

Oh!! I love these palm tree insects, don't know what they're called oh Moity. Weh, where can I get some in this freezing Belgium. Miss home so much

Unknown said...

my big brother used to cook guava sauce and okro when we were little,eesh.worst of all he'll eat the sauce with fufu corn.the weirdest food i ever ate is sanga.i almost threw up the first time i tasted it but i love it now.those insects you have in that pot are called GRUBS Moity.They are very delicious.I always buy them whenever i see someone hawking them,yummy...

Unknown said...

Yum yum. I love them insects . Weirdest things i have ever eaten is koki beans and rice. Our ibo tenants used to cook it every Sunday and would serve us some. The combination was strange to me

Unknown said...

"corn fufu and salt" when i was still a small kid. wonder if children still take that now