Wednesday 3 December 2014

Bedroom Confessions Wednesday: Mother-in-law troubles

   

I`ve been with my husband for 8 years and 5 of them his mother is living with us. AT first I did not mind because I thought that she is nice woman who do not deserve to live alone. Then after few years living together suddenly she started to talk badly to me whenever she is drunk. At first I did not pay attention to it, because she was drunk. But she did not stop - there was a moment when she was drunk every weekend and all she did was screaming and yelling at me. She said really terrible things. My

husband tried to stop her and make her to shut up, but when she is drunk - it`s just isn`t possible. So usually all next day she slept and when she woke up day after that - she acted as nothing happened. I did not speak with her for months because hearing all those nasty things she said made me feel so bad.

After a time (because we lived together) we stared to communicate again. It felt that she was sorry and I kind of forget about it all. I tried to be nice to her to not make her upset. Tried to chat with her each day...

And now, 4 years later it happened again. She again said it loud and clear how much she hates me and what she thinks about me. And again - after that she is acting like it never happen. No apologizing. Nothing. At this point I am more hurt than before. Because it turned out that she has been constantly talking **** about me... counting how many shoes I buy, what kind of shampoo I’m using and so on. I considered her as my friend (because of our discussions and everyday communication and relationships we seemed to have) and I feel deeply betrayed now. If someone else would done something like that - that person would be out of my life for good.

It seems that my husband does not want to get involved. And I do not understand him, because, she made it clear that she does not like the way we live and how much and for what we spend our money. But common! If your child is successful in his life and can afford to live well, shouldn't you be happy?

Truly speaking, if I didn't love my husband I would have long gone. I do not what to live in the same house with my mother in law, I do not want her around me. She has made it clear what kind of person she is and that she cannot stand me.

And I am confused about my husband's standpoint.
Why he do not make her move out? How can he so easily forget what she said? Why does he not tell her that it is not acceptable to talk to me like that? I`m starting to think that maybe his feelings for me aren`t so deep as I thought... because if my parents would do something like that to my husband I would never tolerate that.
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let ur relatives live with u permanently when u r married. In laws esp are always good at creating trouble
mangwineh@yahoo.co.uk

Unknown said...

start praying put Jesus Christ at the center of your home and you will see great change.try and see

AchuD said...

Your mother in law is a drunkard n a winch

Unknown said...

Well don't force your husband to pick a side.