Wednesday 29 October 2014

Bill Cosby, A Rapist?




'Bill Cosby threw me down on his bed and pinned me by my neck. I'll never forget the sound of the clinking of his belt buckle': Actress bravely reveals harrowing years of rape at hands of TV legend

Barbara Bowman was 17-year-old aspiring actress when Bill Cosby took her under his wing

In an interview with MailOnline, she relived her ordeal at the hands of Cosby who took advantage of her youth

Raised in Denver from age nine by her mother, Barbara soon began studying acting and modeling. By 13, she became a client of J.F. Images, Denver's top agency at the time.

What began as a dream in 1985 with a private 'audition' for Cosby ended two years later in screams for help while being pinned down to the comic's hotel bed.

Barbara, now 47, says it's time to end her code of silence — a silence that at least 13 other victims have followed — spanning three decades.

I'm finally revealing all of my full story in hopes that others will learn to read the tell-tale signs of abuse and not wait as long as I did. No one believed me for years. They said Bill would never do that. That it was preposterous. But I'm putting my name out there and standing behind these words, just like Burress. No more code of silence.'

Now, 25 years after the multiple incidents of drugging, sexual assault, and even rape at the hands of the now 77-year-old Cosby, Barbara continued: 

'I've been silent too long. It's time to raise a fuss. I'm a real person that this happened to. And it's taken decades to get over what he did to me. I thank Hannibal Burress for speaking out over and over again, despite the threats from the Industry that it could ruin his career. He is standing up for me and the other women who are too afraid to speak out. And the timing couldn't be better. It sickens me to think he'll be on TV again, playing a father, no less. Maybe he should also teach his fictitious TV family how to escape the talons of sexual predators. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

seriously, some of these guys are not to be trusted ooh

Unknown said...

Don't cut corners or defraud people. Short cuts cut destinies short.