Wednesday 4 March 2015

I Knew My Relationship Was Over When My Ex Said...


When he/she said it, you just knew. You just knew it that words like that coming from your partner's mouth spelled doom for your relationship.
Huffington Post compiled the following sentences by separated and divorced readers which made them know that their relationship would end in heartache.
Feel free to add yours if you've ever been through a break-up. Who hasn't?

1. "After being in labor for 16 hours to give birth to our 10-and-a-half pound son, my ex says to me, 'Millions of women give birth, what makes you so special?'"

2."He actually said, 'I love you but I'm not in love with you.'". Read more...


3. "You have everything because of me."

4."My ex said 'I really don't have time for this' when I broke my leg and called her for assistance."

5. "I do take you out. I take you to my mother's house every Sunday."

6. "Don't think I'm going to financially support you after we divorce just because we were married for 30 years and decided you should stay home while raising the kids."

7. "I hate you half the time".

8. "Not even a year into grieving over the death of my mother he told me, 'This has gone on long enough.'"

9. "You're right, I'm not happy and haven't been for a while now"

10."When I asked why he married me, he said 'Well, I knew I wanted to have kids...'"

11. "You just aren't my intellectual peer."

12."'I don't see anything wrong with you working two jobs' -- while he played Xbox from 11 a.m. until 5 a.m."

13. "I think we are better off as friends than husband and wife."

14. "I'd sleep with you more if you looked like your sister."

15. "Her favorite answer to every question was and still is, 'I don't know.' Would you like to separate? 'I don't know.' Would you like to get divorce? 'I don't know.''"

16. "Yeah...so while I was out getting coffee this morning I also signed a one-year lease on an apartment."

17.  "You are not at the top of my list of priorities.' He said this to me as I was battling cancer."

18. "'I can't believe I have to sleep in that reclining chair. I'm not going to be able to sleep. I will be too uncomfortable.' This was said as I was in a hospital bed, in labor with our first child (12 weeks early), all drugged up and trying desperately to keep the baby inside instead of giving birth three months early. I ended up kicking him out and telling him to go home and sleep."

19. "When I told you I didn't want to have kids anymore, I was hoping you would leave me and find someone else to have kids with."

20.  "It was only about 20 women."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

My God such hateful comments. hmnnnn well like i usually say I never understood why women let men do this, we are in an off and on relationship. When most men are off, we women are still waiting in the on position. But to a man heck bent on playing the field, he is all the way off! That is until you show any sign of moving towards, off. If you are a rabbit let men keep dangling a carrot in front of you, in an on and off relationship. If you are a woman expect on...and NO less! Stand your ground, make no ultimatums..but require on or make him move on to a permanent off.Ohh well like they say matters of the heart.

Unknown said...

Mine was ''u know distance and time influence a lot of things''. It was because we both went to separate countries for studies and have been two years apart. And he had a one year old daughter by then. Which means he got into a relationship immediately he got there. Now I see it was a blessing in disguise