Monday 10 August 2015

Mbia Refutes Reports That Turkey Saved His Family From Boko Haram



Indomitable Lions Captain Stephane Mbia, has dismissed reports by some European publications and which made the rounds online last Friday August 07, 2015, that his family was moved to Ankara, Turkey, by Turkish authorities, after Boko Haram attacks on his village. 
These reports generated a lot of criticism online, after many questioned the Captain's reported claims, given that no Boko Haram attack has been reported in the Centre region where Mbia hails from.
In a statement, Stephane Mbia refutes the report, adding that his parents are currently on holiday in
Turkey, a visit which has nothing to do with instability in the country.
«Contrairement à ce que j’ai pu lire dans les journaux, concernant la visite de mes parents, je tiens à préciser que mes proches ont toujours eu l’habitude de me rendre visite depuis que j’évolue de façon stable en Europe et cette visite n’a absolument rien à voir avec tout ce que j’ai pu lire sur une quelconque instabilité au Cameroun. Le Cameroun reste un pays stable et de paix ou moi-même je n’hésite pas à m y rendre des que j’en ai la possibilité» indique Stéphane Mbia.
"Contrary to what I read in the papers concerning my parents visit, I insist that my family members have been paying me visits since my career began progressing in Europe and this visit has absolutely nothing to do with whatever instability in Cameroon. Cameroon remains a stable and peaceful country and I would not hesitate to visit when ever the opportunity comes up."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My instincts don't lie.I had this feeling this story might not be true.

Anonymous said...

So who granted the first interview where he was quoted ?

Unknown said...

Thank God he came back to clear the air. Saw Cameroonians posting this on facebook with derogatory messages. it was not fair.